Give a gift in your Will to Maggie's
We rely almost entirely on voluntary donations. We couldn’t exist without the passion, dedication and commitment of our volunteers, fundraisers and people who choose to leave us a gift in their Will.
We’re so grateful to each and every person who leaves us a gift – people like Rita who remembered us in her Will so that we'll always be here for people like her.
Looking after the people and causes you care about
Having an up-to-date Will is so important – it means the things you leave behind go to the people and causes you care about, giving you peace of mind.
It also helps your loved ones know what your wishes would have been, so they don’t have to make difficult decisions.
Making a Will is easier, quicker and less expensive than you might think. And we can help you do it.
Choose the gift that's right for you
If you’re considering a gift to Maggie’s in your Will, thank you. Here are the different options for the type of gift you can leave in your Will:
- A share of your estate: A percentage share of your estate once all other gifts and expenses have been settled. This is the most valuable type of gift as it retains its value over time. This is called a 'residuary gift'.
- A fixed sum of money: This can be any amount you choose and is called a 'pecuniary gift'.
- A specific item: This can include items such as jewellery, stocks and shares or property and is called a ‘specific gift’.
How to leave a gift in your Will
Here are a couple of important things to consider:
- Make sure it's legal: We recommend using a solicitor to write or update your Will. If you are looking for a solicitor in your local area, you can find one by contacting the Law Society. If you are in England or Wales please visit www.lawsociety.org.uk or, if you are in Scotland, go to www.lawscot.org.uk
- Include our details: So that your gift goes to the right place, make sure you include: The full address of the Maggie's centre you want to leave a gift to and our registered Charity Number (SC024414).
For more tips on writing your Will please download our Will planner tool.
Write your Will for free at Maggie's
We want to make it as easy as possible for you to write or update your Will, so we’ve partnered with local solicitors at every Maggie’s centre so that you can write or update a basic Will for free.
You just need to contact your nearest Maggie's to arrange an appointment.
There’s no obligation for you to include a gift to Maggie’s in your Will for using this service, but many people kindly do so.
Here to help
We’re here to answer any questions you might have about writing your Will or including a gift to Maggie’s. Please get in touch with us: